Tirupati Srivani Yalla is one of the foremost artists whose soul reverberates with this divine goal and energy. Tirupati Srivani Yalla, daughter of Sri S. Swamymatham and Varalakshmi Visakhapatnam. She had her initial training in Veena under Smt. R. Vijayalakshmi, later she followed GAYAKA STYLE in Veena herself.
Srivani’s agility on the strings of Veena brought her “A Grade” in All India Radio. The Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR), which is an erudite body of Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, has empanelled her into its Eminent Category which will now enable her to portray the highest ideals of Indian Music and Culture. Srivani’s sojourn in musical life and attainments are highly recognized and cherished by the State. Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India awarded her the Scholarship for Music.
Her marriage to the renowned Sri Madhubabu Yalla who serves as the Producer for Sri Venkateshwara Bhakti Channel of Tirupati Tirumala Devasthanam in Tirupati added a meaningful dimension to her musical sojourn as a Veena performer. Together with him she blissfully upholds a truly Bhāratīya Samskr̥tic family and a musical life
Veena Vidushi Srivani Yalla’s academic distinctions are of very high order indeed. She is the winner of Gold Medal in Master of Art degree from Andhra University in Viśākhapaṭaṇam. The Potti Sriramulu Telugu University has awarded the Certificate of Distinction for Music and First Division in Diploma in Veena.
Presently, Srivani is serving the cause of Music education through her position as a Lecturer in Veena, and serves as the Head of the Veena Department in S.V.College of Music & Dance established by the Tirupathi Tirumala Devasthanams in Tirupati, AP.
Srivani has travelled far and wide in India and abroad giving concerts and enthralling her audiences. Amongst these, the most prominent and recent cultural glories are;
- Global Tour performances in USA, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, and France
- Tirupathi Tirumala Devasthanam deputed her to Singapore for Vīna Concerts.
- In the year 2000, as part of the International Youth Exchange Programe between India and Srilanka, she gave 6 concerts in that nation. All of these were broadcast and telecast live. This is by far a high and significant artistic achievement by an Indian Vīna
- In the year 1999, The Directorate of Youth Services, Government of Andhra Pradesh awarded her 1st place and honored her as its leading Veena player.
- In that same year, she received 2nd prize from the hands of Sri Murali Manohar Johsi, Minister of HRD, ‘Government of India, in the National Youth Festival at Lucknow.
- In October 2000, she secured 1st Position and received the prize from the hands of Sri Sundar Singh Bhandhari, Governor of Gujarat, in National Youth Festival in Gujarat.
Veena Vidushi Srivani Yalla always enthralls her audience with her delectable performances. Her concerts are replete with Bhava, Raga rasa, Instrumental playing technical excellence, and above all her crystal clear and total involvement in Sañgīta and its greatness. With her dedication and involvement, she soon has risen to great heights in the Classical Music Fraternity of India. She has starred in most of the erudite Sabha and Institutions that prides in featuring the most eminent artists of India and Abroad. To feature some recent examples, she has given her performances in;
- The Music Academy, Chennai
- Krishna Gana Sabha, Chennai.
- Narada Gana Sabha, Chennai.
- Sangeetha Nataka Academy – Guwahathi, Bangalore.
- Doordarshnan National Music Programme
- ICCR Nameste France, Paris.
- Cleveland Tyagaraja Festival, Cleveland, USA.
- Dhrupad Festival, Varanasi.
- Mudhra, Chennai.
- Karhick Fine Arts, Chennai
- Brahma Gana Sabha, Vani Mahal, Maharajapuram Trust, Chennai.
- Tamil Sangam, New Delhi.
- Doordarshan Kendra, Podhigai
- Nadopasana, Chennai, Chennai Fine Arts, Chennai. ai Chennai.
- Upayukta Bharata Series of Concerts dedicated to the Nation by Brahmavidya, Mysore, Karnataka.
- Mysore, Shivamoga, Yavanika Auditorium in Bangalore.
- CAMAGA Atlanta, USA.
- Saraswathi Music Academy, Atlanta, USA.
- Suvitra Academy, North Carolina, USA
- Ramakrishna Mission, Guruvaiyur Temple New Jersey, USA
- Visakha Music Academy, Visakhapatnam.
- Sangeeta Vidwat Sabha, Kakinada.
- Tyagaraja Bhakta Samiti, Berhampur, Kaviti, Ichapuram.
- Nadaneerajanam, Sri Venkateswara Bhakti Channel, Tirupati.
Srivani’s performances in the Digital Media are most significant too. To name a few and recent hits
- Rhythem music released a Carnatic Classical Veena commercial audio cassette with the title of “ALAYAPAYUDE KANNA” inaugurated by Violin Mestro Padmasri M.S. Gopalakrishnan at Naradagana Sabha Chennai.
- Rhythem music released a Carnatic Classical Veena commercial audio CD
- T.D released a Carnatic Classical Veena audio CD
- Composed Mangaladhwani for Sri Venkateswara Bhakti Channel, T.T.D which was inaugurated by President of India
The Press and Critic has been very pleased and expressive of Srivani’s performance and achievements. Some of the most recent press critics can be listed here;
- Raagam – Taanam – Pallavi in Shanmukapriya which was the mainstay of the recital mirrored here appreciation of musical intricacies. The New Indian Express
- Her flair and dexterity in playing the instrument marked the recital. The Hindu
- Here grip over musical niceties is evident although. Her accent on the exposition of devotional fervour and its emotional contour in the chosen composition couched in fine musical phraseology and it is commendable. Lilting melody and rhythmic grace market the delectable Veena Recital of promising artist Srivani Yalla at Kalabharati. The New Indian Express
- There seems to be magic in her fingers as they dexterously move on the strings producing such wonderful music. Deccan Chronicle
- The concert stood for aesthetic presentation of instrumental music. The New Indian Express
- The Traverses of the swaram in trisram and the chaturasram as well in the two speeds with good balance on laya. Proved her proficiency. The Taanam in raagamaalika comprising Kapi. Bhiravi and Sindhubhairavi was a delectable exercise. The Hindu, Chennai
Tirupati Srivani Yalla conceives brilliant ideas and translates them into picturesque expressions of swaras and is capable of model them with exquisite musicianship to create a pleasant and blissful musical atmosphere. With a subtle strum on the strings, she can produce lively vibrations and definitive tones. Dignified gentleness, despite abundant ability, has made her a respectable artist and has put her in the limelight amongst foremost Veena players of the country. Being an admixture of utterly dedicated, spirited and merited performer, Srivani has attained melody at her fingertips that exudes, congeals and crystallizes into the specific shape of a raga which she renders with utter musical bliss and ecstasy.